Sunday, September 7, 2008


I kept my wristband on during this afternoon while I worked on my photos from women's soccer along with my article. After warming up some leftovers that Julie and I made while in North Carolina (Baked Ziti) I shuffled back over to Ludwig to take some photos of the men's soccer match against Davidson.

The Terps are ranked this year and the men's soccer games draw a pretty decent crowd. I think that we (Dave Lovell and myself) are on the season credential list for men's soccer but since I still had on my wristband from earlier I was able to walk in without checking with the media folks first.

I wanted to get a few shots during the golden hour but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate. Even though it was sunny all day and was getting nice and golden 15 minutes before game time the sun dropped below some clouds far off in the west and left us with ordinary well diffused light.

Oh well...

Since I didn't have a chance to get my golden shots I decided to experiment some more with shooting from the endzone again. It worked pretty well. I was able to get some shots of some attacks that I normally wouldn't have been able to capture while on the sideline.

About half way through the first 45 minutes I bumped into Dave Lovell. He was all decked out in his Think Tank gear along with his 2 bodies. We talked about football coverage next weekend and I said I didn't know what Al's plan was beyond Anthony Amobi being the DC Sports Box writer.

It was nice not having to write an article for the men's soccer game. I was able to just sit back and post process my photos and get a jump start on putting out my blog posts before cleaning up my hard drive. This week should also be a good one. With no games I should have time to finally get Shock in order and upgraded to use Maven. I also have fixed a few bugs in it that were really bothering me but I haven't been able to push out a new version until the Maven upgrade is complete.

I've also been thinking a lot more about putting together some kind of scrappy assignment desk. Our process for editing articles right now is entirely email based and as a result it's very sloppy. Some software would help us standardize and improve the workflow and it wouldn't be too difficult to write. I just need to find the time to do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment